Outreach > NANOvember > CNSE Community Day
CNSE Community Day
Learn about other exciting activities occuring during CNSE's NANOvember!
Watch Video | View Photos
CNSE gave people of all ages from the Capital Region and beyond the chance to receive an up-close look at the exciting world of nanotechnology. Guests experienced hands-on activities, engaging demonstrations, timely presentations, and guided tours of CNSE’s unrivalled Albany NanoTech Complex. Attendees also saw how CNSE and New York State have emerged as the epicenter for the nanotechnology-driven society of the 21st century!
CNSE's Community Day gave guests a unique opportunity to receive a
firsthand look at CNSE's Albany NanoTech Complex, which is the most
advanced research enterprise of its kind at any university in the world:
an ever-expanding $14 billion, 800,000-square-foot megaplex that
attracts corporate partners from around the world and offers students a
one-of-a-kind educational experience.
Both adults and children had the opportunity to interact with CNSE
students, faculty and staff, and to participate in a variety of
activities that promote a greater understanding of nanotechnology,
- Tours of the cutting-edge cleanroom facilities
- Hands-on experiments
- Cleanroom gowning demonstrations
- A Kid's Corner featuring several kid-friendly activities relating to nanotechnology
- Sustainable Energy Activities
- Nanotechnology overview presentations
- Displays and hands-on activities showcasing research in CNSE's constellations, including health care, energy, electronics and economics
- Presentations on CNSE's undergraduate program
CNSE Community Day Details:
Saturday, November 3, 2012
11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Road
Albany, NY 12203