Outreach > Community Events > CNSE Community Day 2010
CNSE Community Day 2010
More than 1,000 people, including children, adults and families from throughout upstate New York, converged at CNSE to participate in CNSE Community Day.
Tours of the state-of-the-art cleanroom facilities at CNSE's $12 billion Albany NanoTech Complex - the most advanced research enterprise in the academic world - along with presentations, interactive demonstrations and hands-on activities highlighted CNSE Community Day.
The event showcased the exciting 21st century innovations being enabled by nanotechnology, as well as the global leadership of the UAlbany NanoCollege in the science described by the National Nanotechnology Initiative as "leading to the next Industrial Revolution."
Both adults and children had the opportunity to interact with CNSE students, faculty and staff, and to participate in a variety of activities that promote a greater understanding of nanotechnology, including:
- Tours of the cutting-edge cleanroom facilities
- Hands-on polymer experiments
- Cleanroom gowning demonstrations
- A Kid's Corner featuring several kid-friendly activities relating to nanotechnology
- Sustainable Energy Activities
- Nanotechnology overview presentations
- Displays showcasing research in CNSE's constellations, including health care, energy, electronics and economics
Part of "NEXSTEP," or "Nanotechnology Explorations for Science, Training and Education Promotion," NANOvember represents a partnership between CNSE and KeyBank to promote greater understanding of the changing economic and business environment in the Capital Region and New York State being driven by nanotechnology.