Contact > Careers at CNSE > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany.
|Position Title: ||
CIGS Development Technician
Description of Duties:
CNSE is seeking individuals to join our Photovoltaic Manufacturing Consortium (PVMC) Technology Development team to provide technical and operations support. Specifically, we are looking for candidates whose primary role will be to apply highly technical principles and skills in support of engineers and scientists engaged in developing control and measurement systems and process procedures. Duties include, but are not limited to: design, maintenance, calibration, testing, scheduling, automated equipment operation, recording a detailed lab notebook for use in report preparation. Work with industrial scale manufacturing tools for optimization. Report to senior members of team to update on that day’s/week’s tasks.
- Associate’s degree in an engineering, Instrumentation Technology or science related discipline from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization OR equivalent experience which includes at least 2 years of CIGS industry or research and development experience.
- Hands on experience with setup and programming of controllers, vacuum and process equipment
- Experience with Labview programming
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team while also able to work independently.
- Good oral and written communication
- Demonstrated academic or industrial performance
- Must be detail-oriented and able to follow specific directions on experiments, processes
- Hands-on research and industrial experience ideal
- Experience with setup of process instrumentation such as controllers, serial / digital communications, labview programming
- Applicants must address in their application their ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
A Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or science related discipline from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a
background investigation; this position may be subject to annual
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Search for CIGS Development Technician
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R11-37
Budget Title: Engineering Design Assistant
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List