Careers > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany.
Description of Duties:
|Position Title: ||
Equipment & Maintenance Technician
The role of Equipment & Maintenance Technician supports the equipment for the development, and characterization of thin films and thin film systems for CIGS based PV devices. The duties include, but are not limited to: the general overall maintenance of the systems including preventative maintenance, daily upkeep, system parameter monitoring, and other associated activities along with the support of new / modified hardware characterization to support development through the participation in concept and initial design reviews, system assembly / configuration changes, and characterization of the modified hardware.
The position includes the equipment support of systems ranging from substrate cleaning, PVD sputter and thermal evaporation, chemical bath deposition, screen printing of grids, and various metrology systems (XRF, Profilometer, ICP, 4pt probe, ICP, and other associated thin film characterization techniques). This position is responsible for the maintenance of the machines, recording of maintenance parameters and logbooks, tabulating data to support hardware characterization, and assisting in system operation as required.
This position typically takes general supervision from the Facilities & Equipment Manager with additional support provided to members of the engineering and technical staff. The supported items cover a wide range of disciplines including vacuum, electrical, controls, and mechanical support. Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of hands-on High Vacuum experience using proper high vacuum procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge in the use of Ion Gauges and Residual Gas Analyzers (RGA) to aide in vacuum system leak detection.
- Use of Hydrogen Leak Detection equipment.
- Strong working knowledge of Cryo, Diffusion, and Turbomolecular vacuum pumps.
- Need to have analytical problem solving skills and be able to work efficiently and effectively with little or no supervision.
- Must have high mechanical and electrical aptitude, with a demonstrated ability to make logical decisions based on data received.
- Candidates must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background investigation; this position may require annual background investigations.
- AS or higher degree in Engineering, Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry, or related degree is preferred.
- Experience in an R&D or Laboratory environment is desired;
- Experience in supporting vacuum deposition production equipment.
- Lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work below or above factory tools as needed.
- Familiarity with machine shop tools a plus.
- GTAW welding skill a plus.
- PLC knowledge a plus, (Allen Bradley, Siemens, & Koyo).
- Be adaptable, daily work duties vary frequently.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Search for Equipment & Maintenance Technician
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R13-12
Budget Title: Research Support Specialist
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List