Careers > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany.
Description of Duties:
|Position Title: ||
The Safety Officer position at the College of Nanoscale Science & Engineering’s complex (a 24/7 operation) provides communications desk and roving security patrol duty functions in maintenance of safety and security. The position is responsible for the monitoring and operation of computerized security and life-safety systems and electronic alarms to include fire, life-safety, gas alarms, building management, access control and camera security systems, and to effect appropriate notification of emergency response agencies (fire, police, ambulance, etc.) and facility resources given information received; coordinates emergency and business related telephone, radio, pager communications; provides for the documentation of incidents; provides visitor services to include entry processing; performs security patrols of facility exterior and interior pursuant to requirements; responds to facility incidents using defined policy and procedure; provides for parking enforcement and special event support.
- Employ an effective balance of security technology, personnel, and procedure to maintain safety and security
- Document patrols performed, unusual events and circumstances, and requests for service; prepare reports per procedure
- Report physical security deficiencies
- Assist emergency response personnel to and at the incident scene as directed
- Conduct of security services to include communications and patrol
- Monitor for safety related alerts
- Possess and apply specific knowledge of safety and security policies and procedures
- Assignment, distribution, collection, and accountability of facility equipment
- Handle/process sensitive documents, equipment and information with confidentiality
- Maintain daily awareness and knowledge of facility operational issues and special events
- Maintenance of a professional and welcoming atmosphere for visitors and CNSE community
- Work additional hours as may be required of the position
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
The successful candidate is a fully competent security officer experienced in all aspects of the assignment and capable of independent and group functioning.
This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a
background investigation; this position may be subject to annual
- Be at least 18 years of age with provisions that the candidate must be able to perform the duties of the position. Must be a citizen of the United States, a lawful permanent resident.
- High School diploma required.
- Possess, or be capable of possessing and maintaining a current New York State security guard certification/license and a New York State vehicle operator’s license
- Demonstrate an ability to read, write and speak English
- Demonstrate an ability to operate computer technology and software specific to security systems, radio system and typical office equipment.
- The candidate will possess excellent people skills/customer focus and a commitment to team work, an ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments, demonstrate initiative and be adaptable to change. The successful candidate will be capable of reading and correctly interpreting policies and procedures.
- The successful candidate will be capable of walking, running, standing, climbing, reaching, sitting, bending, pushing/pulling, completing repetitive motions, be capable of lifting 50 lbs., and possess excellent sight, hearing, speech, visual acuity, color vision. Be capable of working outdoors in adverse weather conditions; endure heat, cold, noise exposure.
- Candidates must address in their application their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding.
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Search for Safety Officer
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R12-35
Budget Title: Services Worker II
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List