Careers > Career Details
|Position Title: ||
Process Operator Level I
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany.
Description of Duties:
Process Operator Level I (PO) duties assigned will include, but will not be limited to: operating equipment in various semiconductor process areas such as photolithography, etch, wet cleans, CVD, PVD, CMP, metrology and others. Write and update operating procedures as needed. Perform inspection, test, minimal repair, troubleshooting and operation of several process tools or tool clusters of a complex nature. The PO may be involved in new tool installation, troubleshooting, and qualification. The PO will provide technical assistance to operations management and resolve tool problems. Must exhibit self-discipline and be able to work under minimal supervision. The PO would support peak workload periods, recognize and correct any errors or deficiencies. The PO will correct improper operation of equipment and will take corrective action. The PO will be accountable for individual results and for the impact of the results on the team. Accuracy, quality and productivity are all required. The PO is accountable for equipment utilization of assigned equipment. Other essential functions include:
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have MS Windows, Word, Excel, and basic File Management, Zip Files, etc. experience
- Must be able to perform minimal training/mentoring of PO’s on various tool sets
- Ability to Operate SIVIEW applications
- Ability to effectively communicate End of Shift pass downs
- Must be able to achieve Level I and Level II certification on all assigned tool sets
- Ability to wear full clean room attire & stand for up to 12 hours at a time
- Must perform at a level where minimal editing and revisions of MPS’s are necessary
- Must perform at a level where minimal tool recipe building and adjustments are necessary
- Ability to wear a respirator (half face/full face), if assigned to the photolithography department
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift
- Membership in the Emergency Response Team is a possibility
- Ability to work Overtime as needed.
This position requires a minimum of associate’s degree in a relevant technical field from a college or university accredited by the USDOE or internationally recognized accrediting organization; AND two to five years of equivalent experience; OR equivalent educational and professional experience and training associated in a highly technical/engineering environment. The determination to the applicability and relevance of the candidate’s qualifications resides solely with CNSE. Candidate must have good mechanical skills, excellent computer literacy, including Microsoft word and Excel, possess good written communication skills, be well organized with attention to detail, have the ability work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment as well as be available for overtime work. Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a
background investigation; this position may be subject to annual
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, letter of application, along with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Search for Process Operator
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R12-43
Budget Title: Research Technician II
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List