About Us > Faculty & Staff > Technical Staff > Jennifer Trodden
Environmental Health and Safety Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org Professional Background:
- Environmental Health and Safety Manager, College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering, University at Albany, August 2011- present
- Safety Engineer, College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering, University at Albany, April 2004-August 2011
- Senior Environmental, Health and Safety Professional, GeoTrans, Inc., Clifton Park, August 2002-April 2004
- Environmental, Health and Safety Professional, MWH Americas, Inc., Albany, Feb 2001-August 2002
- Staff Scientist, Law Environmental Consultants, Inc., Albany, June 2000-Feb 2001
- Quality Control & Quality Assurance Manager, SCILAB, Latham, Feb 1999-June 2000
- MS (Environmental Health), Trinity College, Dublin Ireland 2004
- BS (Environmental Health), Trinity College, Dublin Ireland 1998
Ms. Trodden has developed and implemented site-specific health and safety programs to comply with local, state and federal regulatory requirements set forth by the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), New York State Departments of Health, Labor and Transportation, and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Ms. Trodden has been actively involved in the initial design and construction of state of the art Class 100 semiconductor fabrication facilities to meet all applicable local and state environmental and safety regulations. She has also been involved in the installation and commissioning of many semiconductor processing tools in accordance with the SEMI S2/S8/S14 standards, and the New York State Fire and Building Codes. Ms. Trodden has surveyed such tools that produce ionizing radiation for compliance with the New York State Department of Labor/Health standard, corrected any deficiencies identified and registered such tools with this Department.
Ms. Trodden has developed Laser Safety Programs for those working with Class 3b and 4 lasers, identified control measures and selected and purchased the correct PPE to be worn.
Ms. Trodden has provided site safety orientation training to over 1000 new employees and contractors on a weekly basis and has provided monthly health and safety training to all new employees to meet the OSHA initial and annual refresher requirements and has been instrumental in the professional development and training of the facility's Emergency Response Team (ERT).
Ms. Trodden has also been instrumental in the development of the facility's toxic gas monitoring system. She has installed and maintained various types of toxic gas sensing devices, performed monthly inspections and annual calibrations of such devices and has returned the devices and their sensors to the appropriate manufacturer if a problem was detected.
Ms. Trodden has performed many Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) regulatory compliance audits and has developed audit-tracking documents to ensure audit findings are addressed and corrected within a reasonable time frame.
Ms. Trodden has also worked to track incidents/injury and illness cases, in order to determine root causes, perform hazard analyses on such root causes and to reduce the number of incidents/injuries occurring at CNSE.
Ms. Trodden has conducted qualitative and quantitative air monitoring assessments to aid in the recognition of potential chemical, physical, ergonomic and biological hazards and has developed Job Safety and Hazard Analysis to quantitatively identify job specific hazards and assign control measures to mitigate such hazards.
- Member of American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) and Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP)
- In process of sitting Certified Safety Professional (CSP) exam
- OSHA - 29 CFR 1910.120 40 Hour Hazardous Waste and Emergency response (HAZWOPER)
- OSHA - 29 CFR 1910.120 8 Hour HAZWOPER annual refreshers
- OSHA - 29 CFR 1910.120 Confined Space Entry
- DOT - 49 CFR Parts 171-180 - Hazardous Materials Regulations
- RCRA - 40 CFR Parts 240-271
- American Red Cross - First Aid, Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation and Automatic External Defibrillator