About Us > Faculty & Staff > Operational Staff > Nakesha Smith
Nanotechnology Outreach Coordinator
- Ph. D., Chemistry (Biochemistry), University at Albany, SUNY, 2012
- B.S., Chemistry, Rochester Institute of Technology, 2006
Responsibilities at CNSE:
As the Nanotechnology Outreach Coordinator, Dr. Smith manages and facilitates CNSE’s community and youth scientific outreach efforts. Dr. Smith’s primary responsibilities include:
- Operational oversight of the Afterschool STEM Mentoring Program which is held in conjunction with the State University of New York, Empire State College, and the New York Academy of Sciences. Dr. Smith is responsible for training graduate students and post-doctorates engaged in the STEM disciplines to facilitate afterschool science programs for students attending schools in high-needs areas around the Capital Region.
- Operational oversight of the CNSE-Girls Inc. Eureka!® Nano program which includes managing resources and developing the scientific program curriculum. The Eureka!® Nano program at CNSE features an intensive summer camp experience with yearlong follow up programming.
- Development of scientific outreach material, grant writing, and community outreach.