About Us > Faculty & Staff > Executive Staff > Paul A. Farrar, Jr.
Paul A. Farrar, Jr.
General Manager of Global 450mm Consortium (G450C); CNSE Vice President for Manufacturing Innovation; Chief Executive Officer of the U.S. Photovoltaic Manufacturing Consortium (PVMC)
- Vice President, Albany Expansion and Strategic Initiatives
- Vice President, Semiconductor Process Development
- M.S. (Materials Engineering), Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY
- B.S. (Materials Engineering), Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY
- Managed 700 IBM and partner research and development engineers and scientists
- Negotiated numerous strategic alliances with semiconductor equipment manufacturers and IDM’s
- Held numerous positions in manufacturing and development at IBM
- Led IBM’s semiconductor fab in Burlington, Vermont
- Managed IBM’s SRAM and DRAM businesses
- Served on governing board of CCNI, a super-computer partnership between
New York State, IBM and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute